RESIST! ORGANIZE! LEAD!
The Democratic Party of Dane County is dedicated to electing progressive candidates and supporting progressive policies. As an all-volunteer organization with a modest budget, we can use your help. Here are some ways:
- Help Win Elections! In 2023 we will have the opportunity to protect or take back elected positions at the local and state levels, and to protect our own progressive champions. Dane County is a hotbed of action teams working on these races. To connect with them, or directly to a campaign, take this quick survey. Someone will be back to you shortly.
- Join the Party! Wisconsin is one of the few states where members pay modest dues to support the local and state party. When you join the Dane Dems, you become a member of the Democratic Party of Wisconsin as well, and the revenues are shared. As a member, you can vote on candidate endorsements, resolutions, and party governance at meetings and conventions.
- Attend a Membership Meeting! The county party usually meets at 7 p.m. on the first Wednesday of the month (except June, July, and December). We are currently holding hybrid meetings and masking may be required at our in-person meetings based on current community spread of Covid-19.
- Run for Office! Consider serving your community as an elected official. A good way to start is to seek appointment to a local or county committee. For more information, contact the Vice Chair for Campaigns Noah Lieberman.
- Help shape the Party’s platform! The county party expresses its views through resolutions, voted on at membership meetings and forwarded to relevant elected officials, the media, or others. When appropriate, our resolutions are forwarded up through the Second Congressional District Convention and the State Convention.
- Join the Dane Dems Board! Elections are every two years in November or December, and sometimes vacancies are filled in between elections. For information, contact Mike Bell, vice chair for nominations.